Whenever I try to write an article, (on your markdown, not in the CLI version), many times the text gets all deleted. This happens when I type special characters such as "dollar sign" (in fact, as I was about to rewrite it, my whole browser froze and the website was experiencing high lag for some reason).
So for some reason I can't write all that. I can't write dot dot either. Also headers don't work! "equals + space" seems to be one of the deadly combos that delete all content.
Some specific key combinations cause the whole text to get deleted. Please fix this issue, so we can start writing articles. Also a save button (like a draft) should be present, because you never know if anything is going to crush suddenly.
I am waiting for the updated version or for an explanation.

Comments (2)

Thank you so much for reporting this.
Dollar signs: by default dollar signs are for mathematics as in:
I like $\sqrt{1+1}$ as a number.
which renders as:
I like as a number.
To have a literal dollar you have to escape it with a backslash as in:
I have \$10 for lunch.
which renders as:
I have $10 for lunch.
The equals sign space: = would generate a header, but you can't create headers directly on the web editor. You should instead create new sections by just creating new articles with the New button. Then you set the parent to the other article as shown at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRjLyqILl0 Note that the UI changed slightly from that older video, the parent selection is now under the "metadata" tab in the editor.
If you find any other issues or have any doubts do let me know and I'll try to fix/reply ASAP. This serious editor bug was there because I use mostly local editing, but I want the editor to work perfectly as well.
#2 by pioyi (@pioyi, 5) on 2024-08-18
Oh that was really fast. I checked a few minutes ago and I though I was crazy. Nice work