2020-02: lost my Karrimor REFLEKT, must have fallen off from trouses somewhere.
2022-02: bought Burg Wachter Sold Secure Bike Chain, Lock and Ground Anchor Kit 1m, 10mm chain width: www.amazon.co.uk/Burg-Wachter-Sold-Secure-Gold-Chain/dp/B09MMGL9B7
2022-02 bought Kryptonite Kryptoflex double loop cable 1.2m length 10mm diameter braided steel cable: www.kryptonitelock.com/en/products/product-information/current-key/210818.html
2022-02: bought a Trelock BC 115/110/4 chain white for my saddle after Liv Flourish 2 (2018) the saddle of was stolen at home. Same as this but white: www.trelock.com/en/lock/locks/chain-locks/bc-115-110-4-green. The keys are a bit larger than I'd like.
2021-11: buying a Cateye ViZ450 www.cateye.com/intl/products/safety_lights/TL-LD820/ 51 dollars after CatEye RAPID X2 was stolen. Unfortunately, it is not very compatible with my Topeak saddle bag... the attachment is to wide to fit the saddble bag, and even if it did it is slanted to account for seat tube slant so it would not be very verfical. Arghh, they have futher options on the website: www.cateye.com/intl/products/parts/5342460/ that is the one I need, Clip C-2 or Clip C-1N. On Amazon it didn't have clear choices for that... mine came with the BracketSP-15. Ah, can buy on Amazon for 3 dollars, OK then.
2021-11: COZYROOMY multitool broke apart already, like before, but much sooner this time. What a piece of junk!!! Buying the Topeak Mini 18+ Bike Multitool www.topeak.com/global/en/products/75-Mini-Tools/173-mini-18+
2021-09: COZYROOMY multitool stolen, even though it was completely in pieces already. 2021-09-21 12:30PM discovered, seat bag open, one tool on floor, and some leftovers inside, but black bag gone. Bicycle last seen 2021-09-20 6PM. Would likely have spotted it if it had happened before. Bicycle last used: 2021-09-19 6PM. Would almost for sure have seen it if it had happened by then. Rebought it.
2021-07 Topeak MTS Trunkbag EX Strap Type www.topeak.com/global/en/products/192-Rear-Rack-Bags/859-MTX-TRUNKBAG-EX Fit nicely on the back of the Kross bicycle (2017). 8L. Originally to carry some extra food and water on a long summer trip. 36 pounds.
2020-11-30: Bought more "Finish Line DRY Teflon Bicycle Chain Lube" 8oz/240ml www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z779GMO/ after previous disaster with the bottle because lock is a bit hard to open.
2020-11-30 WD-40 Bike, All Conditions Lube Bicycle Lubricant, 250ml. Markings: "Contains PTFE". www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8QF3PY Sprays out of bottle, so very thin.
2020-04: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014LC7HS0 "Park Tool HPG-1 High Performance Grease", 113 g, blue. www.parktool.com/product/high-performance-grease-hpg-1#tabbed-section | www.parktool.com/assets/doc/product/HPG-1_SDS.pdf
2020-02: CatEye AMPP500 45 pounds www.cateye.com/intl/products/headlights/HL-EL085RC/ High mode 500 lumens: 1.5hrs, Daytime HyperConstant mode 500/250 lumens： 5hrs. 2020-11: noticed it was cracked on top front between button and light, I think I dropped it the other day from waist height.
2020-02: Karrimor REFLEKT Band 2 pounds from Sports Direct to replace old that I destroyed by playing with it with hands on work desk www.karrimor.com/karrimor-reflect-band-765007
2020-01: Muc-Off Drivetrain Cleaner - 500ml www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-cleaning/muc-off-drivetrain-cleaner-500ml
2020-01: Halfords Microfibre Heavy Duty Cloths www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-buckets/halfords-microfibre-heavy-duty-cloths (archive) 87% polyester, 13% polyamide.
2019-12: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GQSXN8B SENZEAL Bicycle Spoke Wrench Tool Spoke Key Spanner 6 in 1 for Bike Wheel Cycle Wrench 10-15 Gauge
2019-12: Halford's Bike Hut Chain Cleaning Kit: www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-cleaning/bikehut-chain-cleaning-kit 18 pounds. GCN video using it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6mzE5lQ0w Review video saying it is useless: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCo41pftAjU
2019-11: Multitool: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MW3K2GK "COZYROOMY Bike Repair Kits - Bicycle tool kit with 10 in 1 Multi-Function Bike Tool, multi-purpose bone wrench And related spare tools, 1 Portable tool bag, 6 Month Warranty". No spoke wrench unfortunately. But does have 15mm bone wrench, which opens Kross front wheel. Some months later, the thing came apart, quality was a bit shit. But I kept it in the saddle bag anyways for a long time, and just used it by putting part of it manually together.
2019-11: "CatEye RAPID X2" real lights, 40 dollars. Hopefully to increase side visibility at night, and day visibility on fast roads when cycling further on weekends. www.cateye.com/intl/products/safety_lights/TL-LD710-R/ (archive) USB rechargeable. 80 lumens in high mode lasting 1 hour, 5 hours in low mode, 30 hours flashing, 16 hours rapid/pulse. Lost 2021-11 in a big city, didn't know the path well, had to cross a bunch of streets, was on back of back bag, likely stolen.
2019-08: "CatEye CA475RAPMIN Rapid Mini Rear Lights and Reflectors, Black" stolen: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I4193PY (archive). Very good quality. Those USB rechargeable lights you just have got to take off with you whenever parked in town or else drug addicts will steal them because they are easy to remove for recharging. Tempted to just stick to dynamo ones that are screwed in. Re-bought original back light: AXA Basta, was a bit different from previous one, cannot take in lamps anymore, even though there is the plastic casing for them! Just not metal / wires.
2018 Kryptonite Kryptolock. Looks like: www.kryptonitelock.com/en/products/product-information/current-key/002031.html
2017 Abus Sinus Plus 471/150 HB U-lock. Sample seller with image: www.lockshopdirect.co.uk/products/abus-sinus-plus-471-d-lock-230mm-shackle-62620/
2017 an Abus chain and packlock, can't see marking easily. Chain length: 82cm.
2022-08 dhb Aeron Short Finger Gel Gloves 2.0 medium white www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-short-finger-gel-gloves-20. For sun/fall protection. In theory should be small according to size guide, but small was over, and I have my doubts it is correct.
2021-12: bought a North Face etip recycled gloves black with white signs, large about 40 dollars: www.thenorthface.co.uk/shop/en-gb/tnf-gb/mens-etip-gloves-4sha?variationId=KY4 let's see how that goes.
- dhb Windproof Cycling Gloves Small Black 33 dollars to replace the Nike academy hyperwam gloves which I lost a pair of recently. It already had a hole in the thumb anyways from shifting the small gears all the time. S was way too small despite me making hand measurement, returned.
- dhb C1.0 Crossover Helmet Matte Black 58-61cm 40 dollars after recent crash to ensure helmet integrity
2021-02 Castelli PRO THERMAL SKULLY red www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-pro-thermal-skully www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/pro-thermal-skully/p/452054220A to help with cold, the X Lite Run Black Headband is just not made for winter.
2021-01: Madison Cycle Everywear Sportive Toe covers. L/XL. www.madison.cc/shop/sportive-thermal-toe-covers/VARCLA121/CLA12104
2021-01: "Endura FS260-NEMO Glove II" Neoprene Winter Handwarmer Large. www.endurasport.com/Gants-Nemo-FS260-Pro-II/p/E1216-Black Let's see how neoprene feels like. Basically it becomes wet with your transpiration, but is still relatively warm, would take it well down to 5C. Likely would work well with heavy rain. Not bad. But does feel a bit cooler than the Extremities XDRY, especially after you walk for a bit, and your hand becomes cold, and it is very hard to warm it because it is also wet.
2020-12-21: "dhb Neoprene Nylon Overshoes" www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-neoprene-nylon-overshoes large black. After 2 rides, noticed that the front lower part of left foot (the one I put on and off the most) had a hole in it, not sure where it was made. Edit: I later noticed that it is because I have the reflex of braking slightly with my shoes in certain conditions, e.g. at lower speeds in close proximity to pedestrians, the sounds of which also serve as a way to alert them without the need for a loud bell. But it destroys the overshoe, so I have to undo that reflex.
2020-11-06 www.alpinetrek.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-ros-long-sleeve-cycling-jersey/ "Castelli Perfetto RoS Long Sleeve - Cycling jersey" size L Large. On Wiggle: www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-ros-long-sleeve-jersey Feels great. Together with the dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer, I can gown down to 0 Celcius, no problem. Breathes great, blocks wind and rain reasonably, and can holds mild rain out on a short 1.5h ride without problem.
- last ride top was a bit cold on shoulders where not covered by arm warmers, about 10C, so going to try: www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-rain-defence-polartec-jacket-1 "dhb Aeron All Winter Softshell Jacket", 109.25 pounds, Fluro Yellow, small to match previous tops that worked, approx: 50 polyester, 40 polyamide, 10 elastane, recommended temperature: 2-12 degrees Celcius. Material felt OK, not amazing but OK. Returned because a bit too small.
- the "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights" is a bit too warm for lower tens, so going to try "dhb Aeron FLT Roubaix Bib Tight", 85.50 pounds, medium, navy color, recommended temperatures: 6-14 deg C, 84% polyamide, 16% elastane. Hopefully not being marked as "thermal" means it is less warm. Also hopefully being DHB Aeron it will be a bit less baggy behind knees. Returned later because felt indistinguishable from the "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights".
For sizing see also: Ciro Santilli's body.
2020-11: Castelli Thermoflex 2 Arm Warmers, Large, 28 pounds: www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-thermoflex-2-arm-warmers | www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/men/accessories/cycling-leg-and-arm-warmers/p/451953020A-010 advertized 8°-20°C. Was going to buy the DHB ones for 10 pounds less, but always out of so Castelli it is.
2020-08: started getting getting cold, so let's do it:
- www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-lightweight-mesh-long-sleeve-base-layer "dhb Lightweight Mesh Long Sleeve Base Layer", small, 93% polyester 7% Elastane. Felt a little bit tight on first try, but I think I'll keep it, it might be correct, it's hard to say, and it's not worth my time. If it is too bad I'll just get another one later.Extremely light and transparent. Holds down to lower 10's, but if it's windy a bit less so. Feels good.
- www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights "dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights", medium, 86% polyamide, 14% elastane, 56 pounds. Very slightly tight, but felt right on first try. Some similar URLs www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights-1 | www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-thermal-bib-tightPretty warm, for lower 10's and under only. Mid 10's is too much. Slightly bulky behind the knees when you bend. But good quality otherwise.
- www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-extreme-weather-neoprene-overshoe "dhb Extreme Weather Neoprene Overshoe", large, 81% polyamide, 18% polyurethane. Wanted to buy www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-neoprene-nylon-overshoes which is lighter, but was out of stock. The material felt good, but it did not fit with 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe, I should have checked better, maybe it is only for road shoes.Incompatible with 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe, so returned it. That shoe is too large.
2020-05 www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-short-sleeve-jersey-4/ dhb Aeron Short Sleeve Jersey 100% polyester, Red Large. This one fit OK. Length feels right. When on cycling position, a bit baggy under arms though, but guessing M would be too short? Still already feels less baggy than the cheap muddy fox jersey. Aeron is the second lowest level of DHB top, after the super basic 25 pound one. Material is thin polyester, could be better, but OK.
2020-05 www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-light-2-short-sleeve-jersey/ Castelli Perfetto Light 2 Short Sleeve Jersey 84% Nylon, 16% Lycra. When it arrived, was WAY too small, so returned. Material looked and felt amazing.
2019-12 www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-merino-long-sleeve-base-layer-1/?sku=5360752872 "dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer", black, small, was right size, wool is a bit itchy, but does feel like it dries off more quickly on long rides than the cheap Muddy Fox polyester cycling Jersey. Pretty warm, too much for 15C.
2019-12 www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-winter-weight-merino-sock/?sku=100335580 dhb Aeron Winter Weight Merino Sock, blue, UK 9.5-12. Did not seem to make much of a difference, feet still cold, not wet.
2019-11 Nike academy hyperwarm gloves: www.nike.com/gb/t/hyperwarm-academy-football-gloves-s9Dd8D/GS0373-013 (archive) for 17.99 Pounds from physical retailer. Good intermediate between the Extremities gloves when it gets a bit warmer. 60% polyester/27% nylon/5% rubber/4% elastane.
2019-10 XGC Men's Cycling Shorts/Bike Shorts And Cycling Underwear With High-Density High-Elasticity And Highly Breathable 4D Sponge Padded www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BDJP64W (archive). Grey color, red inner butt padding. 2020-08: after using it a lot, noticed that the padding stiches started to come off a bit.
2018 (?) Extremities XDRY gloves Looks like: www.sportsdirect.com/extremities-wp-p/line-glove-91-907293 (archive) Gets wet after a few minutes of medium rain. But does dry quickly. Baggy, multilayer. Says 40 pounds, but always at 20 pound discount, so it is just a marketing trick. On website: Outershell 96% Polyester/4% Lycra (Spandex)Palm 45% Polyester/55% PolyurethaneLining 100% Polyester
2017-09 Trespass Cruzado Male Gloves size S. www.trespass.com/cruzado-unisex-gloves (archive) Markings: crossover gloves. Technical Performance TP75: www.trespass.com/advice/trespass-tp-ratings-guide/ Lost right hand around 2018/2019.
2017 Muddy fox cycling Jersey, orange, polyester, Large, cheap. Works well enough I guess. Could be a bit more tight fitting.
2017 www.amazon.co.uk/Nevica-Unisex-Reversible-Skuff/dp/B07GSD4R7Y Nevica Skuff black
2017 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254646634761 Karrimor X Lite Run Black Headband. I think I lost it 2022-04, already had a hole in one ear.
2015 UNIQLO tights 53% cotton, 32% polyester, 15% elastane. 2020-08: after riding it a lot, it ripped a bit near upper inner tights.
2015 Odlo top and tights, polyester. Not sure exact model, not necessarily meant for cycling. Top does not fit tightly, did not feel like it was removing sweat effectively.
In degrees Celsius:
- palm tree shade and coconut water. Seriously though, if there's some shade or earlier morning/later afternoon it's OK, but if it's on an open road at midday, be careful, and stop early if you start getting slightly dizzy, it only gets worse!
- "dhb Aeron Short Sleeve Jersey"
- XGC Men's Cycling Shorts
- 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe
- "dhb Aeron Short Sleeve Jersey"
- "dhb Lightweight Mesh Long Sleeve Base Layer"
- XGC Men's Cycling Shorts
- 2020-04 Giro Rumble VR Off Road Shoe
- dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights 10 and under. TODO this is a bit too warm for the upper range, need something more intermediate
- "dhb Lightweight Mesh Long Sleeve Base Layer"
- Castelli Perfetto RoS Long Sleeve - Cycling jersey. TODO this is a bit too warm for the upper range, need something more intermediate
- "Karrimor X Lite Run Black Headband"
- "Nike academy hyperwarm gloves"
- "Nevica Skuff". A bit too hot on upper range, but easy to take off.
- dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer
- Castelli Perfetto RoS Long Sleeve - Cycling jersey
- dhb Classic Thermal Bib Tights 10 and under
- dhb Dorica MTB Shoe (2020-12)
- "Karrimor X Lite Run Black Headband". Head a bit cold on lower range.
- "dhb Neoprene Nylon Overshoes". Feet a bit cold on lower range.
- "Extremities XDRY gloves". Hands a bit cold on lower range.
- "Nevica Skuff"
Black EUR 44, 1 smaller than normal size as recommended by website.
Bought SM-SH56 cleat to accompany.
When it arrived, it felt a bit too long, around 2cm maybe free space after toe, and when I walk and the front part touches ground, heel comes off a bit, which is annoying. But I was too lazy to give it back and take the risk of a second try, also it felt correctly tight on sides. During first test ride it felt good.
It is slightly water proof. But if it rains a lot, it will get soaking wet. And once it does get wet, it feels like it is very very hard to dry, there don't seem to be any holes underneath.
2021-01-28: used this show for the first time after wearing dhb Dorica MTB Shoe (2020-12) exclusively for a while. It felt much much more comfortable, the Dorica is too narrow. Also this one is much more recessed, and walking with it is much easier. Also, I notice that the intentional asymmetry I had put on cleats is not necessary anymore now that my saddle height is not way too high
At 5C feet are too cold. Compatible overshoes are basically impossible to find: bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/73589/what-kind-of-overshoes-can-i-use-with-a-large-touring-spd-cycling-shoe-such-as-t
It is not possible to do long walks with this, unlike some websites suggests, especially on hard surfaces like rock, that would be very dangerous because the cleat area will slip. But it is good for shorter walks on grass/mud, and that does open up some good short walk exploration possibilities compared to a road shoe.
Color "Black/Red 20" (but it's actually orange), size 46 www.wiggle.co.uk/giro-rumble-vr-off-road-shoe (archive). Manual says to use Loctite 243 medium strength, first 2.4 Nm bolt torque to test it out and find good position, and then final bolt torque 5-6 Nm unless cleat says less. Starting with Shimano SM-SH56 cleats (archive), which also says provisional torque 2.5 Nm, tightening torque 5-6 Nm.
To remove pedals when they get stiff.
To remove and install Shimano and ISIS Drive splined 20-tooth bottom bracket cups.
Bought: 2020-11-07. Also getting a park Tool PAW-12 adjustable wrench to use with it.
12-inch adjustable wrench.
Bought: 2020-11-07 initially for using with park Tool BBT-22.
Worked with Kross bicycle (2017) Shimano FC-M311, I managed to remove the crank arm.
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VL2MLYY DECARETA Pedal Spanner Bike Pedal Wrench Three-in-one Function Bicycle Pedal Spanner 24mm Front and Rear Axle Spanner Pedal Install Spanner Repair Tool with Anti-Skidding Long Handle (Silver) £10.99.
Rope attached to rear rack + door knob: www.youtube.com/watch?v=teUsJt1WL1g
20 pounds. Works on both Schrader and Presta.